Camosun College will be closed on Monday, June 28, 2021, due to extremely high temperatures in the forecast for Greater Victoria from Environment Canada.
Employees are not required to work on campus or remotely except for limited situations to maintain the services needed for the operation and safety of the campuses. The closure applies to all online classes scheduled for Monday, June 28, 2021.
The virtual convocation ceremonies are unaffected. The ceremonies will premiere at 11am on June 28 and June 29 and will be available to view anytime after the initial premiere.
Camosun will monitor temperatures throughout the day as well as the forecast for Tuesday, June 29, 2021, and will provide a further update
Tips for keeping cool and healthy in the heat:
- Never leave children or pets alone in a parked car.
- Drink plenty of fluids even before you feel thirsty.
- Keep cool by staying indoors in air-conditioned buildings where possible or take a cool bath or shower.
- Avoid tiring work or exercise in hot, humid environments.
- Wear lightweight, light-coloured and loose-fitting clothing.
- Regularly check older adults, children and others for signs of heat-related illness.