Congratulations! After you successfully complete the requirements for your program, Student Records will complete the graduation process and issue your well-earned parchment.
Submit your application to graduate and RSVP to the Convocation ceremony.
Are you eligible to apply to graduate?
At the beginning of your last semester, ensure all your program course requirements in ‘My Program’ in myCamosun are ‘In-progress’ or ‘Completed’:
- Log in to myCamosun
- Go to ‘Student Planning’, then ‘My Program’, then ‘Program Requirements’
- ‘Expand All’
- View all program requirements and ensure all required course statuses are ‘In-progress’ or ‘Completed’
If your program requirements are not all ‘In-progress’ or ‘Completed’ and courses show as ‘Not Started’ or ‘Planned’ in ‘My Program’ but you believe you should be eligible. Please contact Advising:
- Domestic students:contact Academic Advising
- International students: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indigenous students: contact email@example.com
- If the program you are intending to graduate from this term is not an active program in ‘My Program’ please request to have it opened by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, student ID and program to be opened.
- If you have courses that are not started but you believe you meet the course requirements, contact Advising.
- If you have approved transfer credit that has not been applied to your course requirements, contact Advising.
- If you have an optional co-op or internship designation that you do not plan to complete and it is preventing you from applying to graduate, email email@example.com and include your name, student ID and program and request to have your co-op or internship designation removed.
When to Apply
You are required to apply to graduate during the term in which you are completing your final program requirements, i.e. your final courses are in 2022W, therefore, you apply to graduate in 2022W: February 15 to April 30. To avoid missing any deadlines, please apply to graduate in the application period for your respective final term listed below.
Application to Graduate Deadlines
Application Period Opens
Application Period Closes
How to Apply & RSVP to Convocation
- Log in to myCamosun and ensure you are eligible to apply to graduate (see ‘Are you eligible to apply to graduate’ above).
- Select “Graduation Overview”
- Select “Apply” to your program of study
- Complete “Application Details” and “Convocation Ceremony Details”
- Final grades do not have to be submitted for you to apply to graduate.
- If the ‘Apply’ button does not appear for you, see ‘Troubleshooting’ above. If you experience further issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, student ID and program.
Once the final marks have been entered and the graduation process has been completed, the graduation notation (credential name and date awarded) will appear on your transcript and your application to graduate will no longer be visible. All parchments are then produced in one batch, after all credentials have been awarded, then mailed.
- Parchments will not be released if fees or fines are owed to the college
- Parchments will be produced and mailed via Canada Post. Camosun College has recently launched a new design for their parchments. The production of these new parchments was delayed for those that applied to graduate from the 2021 Winter. All 2021 Winter graduates should receive their parchments in the next few weeks. For all future terms, parchments will be mailed via Canada Post, 4-6 weeks after Camosun's last scheduled day of exams (see Important Dates)
- If you indicated you will attend the convocation ceremony, the Convocation Committee will contact you by email in June with more information regarding the ceremony
- Official transcripts must be ordered through myCamosun; they are not automatically provided upon credentialing
- International students: order letters of completion here and include in the comment box: “Letter of Completion for PGWP”. All other questions regarding PGWP, please email email@example.com
Replacement or Duplicate Parchments
Replacement parchments will be provided to a graduate whose name has changed or whose parchment has been lost/destroyed.
Duplicate parchments will be stamped 'Duplicate'.
To formally request a replacement or duplicate parchment, please email – Graduation and Credentials: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BC Adult Graduation Diploma (BCAGD)
Visit here for information about the BC Adult Graduation Diploma. Once you have completed your course requirements, do the following:
- Contact Academic Advising to confirm you meet the course requirements
- Once course requirements are met, email Student Records – Graduation and Credentials at email@example.com with your request to apply to graduate from the BCAGD. Please include: your full name, student ID, the name you wish to appear on your diploma and the address to which you would like it mailed (no pick-up option available).
You will receive your credential via Canada Post within 4-6 weeks from your email request.